Back to table of contents|
APPLICATION OF REGULATIONS
The regulations established herein within each district shall be minimum regulations and shall be uniformly applied to each class of structure or land, except as hereinafter provided:
501. UseNo building or land shall hereafter be used or occupied and no building or part thereof shall be erected, constructed, moved, or structurally altered except in conformity with the regulations herein specified for the district in which it is or is to be located.
501.02. A conditional use is one which may be allowed when the Council, after review of the application and hearing thereon, finds as a fact that the proposed use or uses are consistent with the Land Use Plan and the policies of the Council and in the public interest. Where the use is conditional, a Zoning Permit will be issued by the Zoning Administrator after such conditional use has been approved by the Council.
502. BuildingsNo building shall hereafter be erected, constructed, or altered so as to exceed the height limit, to accommodate or house a greater number of families, or to occupy a greater percentage of the lot area than is required or specified in the regulations herein for the district in which it is located.
503. Lots and YardsNo new lot or yard shall hereafter be created, nor shall any lot or yard existing at the time of enactment of this Ordinance be altered, nor shall any building or structure whether new or existing be moved, so that lot width, depth, or area requirements; front, side or rear yard requirements; inner or outer court requirements; or other requirements of this Ordinance are not maintained, except when a portion of a lot is acquired for public use.
No part of a yard or other open space required for any building for the purpose of complying with the provisions of this Ordinance shall be included as part of a yard or other open space similarly required for another building. Every part of a required yard or court shall be open from its lowest point to the sky unobstructed, except for the ordinary projection of sills, cornices, buttresses, ornamental features, chimneys, flues, and eaves, provided such projections shall not extend into the required yard areas for a distance exceeding two (2) feet.
504. Permits Issued Prior to Adoption of OrdinancENothing contained herein shall require any change in the plans or construction of any building or structure for which a building permit was granted prior to the effective date of this Ordinance. However, if such construction does not commence within thirty (30) days after this Ordinance becomes effective, or if construction is discontinued for a period of six (6) months or more, further construction shall be in conformity with the provisions of this Ordinance for the district in which the operation is located.
505. Annexed TerritoryAll territory which may hereafter be annexed to the City shall be considered to be in the R-1 Residential District until otherwise classified.