- Never give out personal information such as, your name, home address, school name, or telephone number in a chat room or on bulletin boards.
- Never send a picture of yourself to someone you chat with on the computer without your parent permission.
- Never write to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared or that you do not know.
- Do not meet someone or have them visit you without your parents permission.
- Tell your parents right away if you read anything on the internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Remember that everything you read online may not be true and people online may not be who they seem.
- Don't download content without your parents permission.
- Never share your password with anyone but your parents.
- Only use the internet when your parents tell you its okay.
- Always tell your parents about the people you meet or talk to on the internet.
- The Town of Bedford has an ordinance requiring the use of a bicycle helmet for all children under the age of 15.
- Before using your bicycle, make sure it is ready to ride. You should always inspect your bike to make sure all parts are secure and working properly.
- Always wear a properly fitted helmet!
- Adjust your bicycle to fit.
- Learn the rules of the road and obey all traffic laws.
- Watch and avoid road hazards.
- Always wear bright colors and avoid riding at night.
- Always wear properly fitting protective gear; helmet, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads, and shoes. Also make sure that the skateboard is the proper size for the child riding it.
- Ride skateboards on smooth, dry surfaces located in well-lit areas.
- Check skateboard for any problems before each use.
- Do not attempt any risky moves that are above your skill level.
- Tricks and jumps should be reserved for skate parks that have adequate adult supervision and access to medical care.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics warns that children under the age of 5 should not ride skateboards. Any child under the age of 10 should be closely supervised when riding.
- To help minimize the impact of a fall, crouch down so that you are closer to the ground and attempt to fall on the fleshy part of the body. Try rolling instead of landing on arms and relax the body when falling.