Hire an Off Duty Officer
|Title||Total Hourly Rate|
|Vehicle per Hour||$5.95|
- A supervisor is required for 5 or more officers
- 2 Hours minimum per request
- 72 hours prior to shift start is required for requests
*Holiday Rates apply after 12:00am-11:59pm on New Year's Eve, New Years Day, MLK Day, Juneteenth, President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
**Emergency Rates apply when a request is received less than 72 hours prior to the start of shift.
Cancellation policy: Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; the vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours or the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of office hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fee for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fee depend on the coverage and can range from $6.65-$7.60 per hour.
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Bedford Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective November 6th, 2020.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number 1-877-636-8300
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendors:
• Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
o Officer attendance
o Field notes and media files
o Post orders and instructions
o Past and future shift information
• Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
• 24/customer service through their toll-free number
• Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, payroll and invoicing
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
Permission for outside employment in certain professions or business will not be granted. Some of these include, but are not limited to:
• Any business requiring licensing under the Virginia ABC laws;
• As a salesman or agent for a dealer of motor vehicles which require titling;
• Employment as a mechanic who would be required to inspect vehicles as a requirement of Virginia law.
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management