- Purchasing & Bids
Purchasing & Bids
The Purchasing Division is responsible for administration and oversight of all purchasing actions for the Town of Bedford in accordance with the Virginia Public Procurement Act and the Town’s procurement policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to purchasing operational supplies and materials, bid and contractual negotiations, lease and contract management required by Town departments, administration of purchasing card program and surplus property.
- Purchases under $5,000 in value
- Shall be done solely by department head and/or designee.
- Applies to the total of all items purchased on an invoice.
- Used for routine items.
- Purchases between $5,000 and $50,000 in value
- Accomplished by the use of 3 written quotations.
- Purchases over $50,000 in value
- Accomplished by the use of formal sealed bids.
- Purchasing from the Virginia State Contract negates the need for quotations since the vendors have already been vetted through the Virginia Public Procurement Act criteria through the state.